Twitch is holding its users with a regular increase in its number since its launch in June 2011. It is one of the top notch live streaming video platform and gaming station.
Host or Host Mode On Twitch is the channel feature of the Twitch Live player that helps you to broadcast another channel in your twitch chat room. It allows you to play and share the channel with all the users in the chatroom.
Table of Contents
Step by Step Guide To Use Host On Twitch
You can use make use of host feature on Twitch through a web browser, on your mobile devices and Xbox one. The feature is available on mobiles only for iOS users. It will soon be available for Android users too.
To make use of this feature, just follow the easy steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Open Twitch and login to your user account. The first step is to visit the dashboard.
Step 2: Next step is to copy the username of the channel over which you desire to host.
Step 3: Now come back to your channel and search for the chatbox.
Step 4: To proceed further you need to enter the name of the channel over which you want to host.
Step 5: You will have to enter the name manually and “/host.” Then hit on chat or enter button.
Step 6: Then refresh the page to which you are planning to host your content.
Step 7: Once you want to end up with the hosting of channel, type “/unhost” in the chat box. And it will lead to termination of channel hosting immediately.
Steps To Activate Auto Host Feature On Twitch
In Spite of enabling host facility manually on twitch, you can also go for Auto hosting. To use this feature, you need to follow few simple steps:
Step 1: Start and log in to your twitch account.
Step 2: Go to dashboard and click on channel settings.
Step 3: Scroll down and click on the auto host button available at the bottom of the page. It is usually set to OFF position, once you click on it, it will indicate the ON position.
Step 4: Auto hosting is set to ON position to allow you to host your twitch team. So, once you switch on the auto-host option go for twitch team hosting setting.
Step 5: Switch on twitch team hosting to ON position. Now the channels in your host list will automatically be prioritized for all your twitch team members.
Step 6: You can also add the channels of your choice and customize your host list section. This can be done by clicking on ‘+’ sign that is available on top right corner. Just click on the + button and type the name of the desired channel.
Step 7: Twitch allows the users to set their order as per the priority in their host list. This can be done by using host priority section.
Step 8: You can add as many channels in your host list as you want. Minimum no. of recommended channels are 10. It helps you to get 40 hours of uptime on a weekly basis.
Step 9: If you want to host a group of similar channels, you have the option of overlapping viewership.
Step 10: To save all the settings of the auto host on twitch, click on save changes.
- If you turn off your auto host option, even then your settings will be saved.
- If you do not want to receive auto host notification, click on unsubscribe.
Benefits of Hosting
There are several benefits of hosting. Some of them are listed below:
- It provides you all total a new experience of networking. You can help and support several broadcasters.
- It helps you to keep your circle intact and grow faster. If you are using hosting on twitch, everything is working even when you are offline.
- Hosting helps you to share and at the same time promote the channel and content you enjoy. It helps you to display your choices and different angles of your personality with your audience.
- You can entertain yourself as well as your friends by watching several events and your favorite broadcasters on your channel.
- It gives you more exposure. You move from ‘live channels’ list to ‘live host’ directory list. Many people follow you.
- You can see a massive growth if your peer auto host’s you.
Using host mode does not affect your chat rooms in any way. You can find your chat room partners and moderators on your channel page too. Using host mode helps you to connect to your chat community even while your audios and videos are offline.
What is The Importance Of Host Mode?
- It allows you to host game conferences with your community and exchange reviews.
- EVO or other esports tournaments can also be hosted. You can share your watching experience with your friends and community.
- Hosting some latest launched channels that are interesting and share entertaining content.
- You can host live music events.
- Hosting your friends who recently stepped in the world of broadcasting and supporting them.
You can host anything and everything that interests you with your community. Any engaging and unique content can be included in your channel list. You can help people to get exposure along with your growth. Host mode on twitch acts as a potent tool for cross promotion.
Some Useful Tips for Twitch
- Treat your friends and fellow broadcasters equally and with respect. It adds to mutual growth.
- Using auto host mode helps you to increase your viewership gradually.
- Even if your auto host mode is on, you can also host your channel manually.
- If you want to create your stream team or want to join one, Twitch is the perfect place for that.
- Auto hosting is nothing but a much advanced and simplest way of managing and customizing your channel list even while being offline.
- Even You can Donate in Twitch see How to Donate on Twitch
If you want to grow along with your communities hosting on twitch is the best option for you.